Friday, December 18, 2009

Novel Completion Schedule

So Edit 1 is pretty much done, now that I've come to the realization that the ending is totally obselete.

I want to start querying in February. I'm itching to do it now, but I know full well that this is not a good time (at least for the agents I'm after) and that I have to polish/revise/groom the beast. My greatest fear is that if I don't get it all done now, I'll keep rewriting until I have a completely different--but equally incoherent--story.

On a completely different note, I think my cat is Bunnicula. He's a cat, you say? He can't be Bunnicula?

Lemme explain.

He's our new cat. We've had Panther since she was a kitten. Months after he moved in, she still hisses at him, out of the blue. I know, normal teratorial cat behavior, you say. He is not vicious at all; that's more Panther's thing. He's cuddly, sweet, completely disarming, and purrs at the drop of a dime. He never reacts when she attacks him. Except for when he did, leaving two marks in her neck and a missing chunk of hair.

The weirdest part is that I'm afraid to tell my family, like that might make it come true. I might really have a vampire cat, and some night, when he curls up next to my neck, will be my last.

His name is Cuddles, but I'm beginning to think we should have named him Cuddicula.

No comments:

Post a Comment